There are numerous statements in the Qur’an, Hadith, and other Islamic literature that align with our message. Click on the links below for a substantial list or download our Toolkit here which also includes many wonderful examples.
Muslim Scholars on Veganism
- A Path of Justice and Compassion: About Muslim Vegans and Islamic Veganism – Duke McLeod
- Rejecting what’s halal: Perceptions of veganism within the Muslim Community of Britain – Ellen Atayee-Bennett
- Intensive Animal Farming: Wrongs and Responsibilities – Musa Furber
- Rights and Duties Pertaining to Kept Animals – Musa Furber
- Animal Welfare in Islam – Al-Hafiz Basheer Ahmad Masri
- Animals in the Qur’an – Sarra Tlili
- Is Vegetarianism Un-Islamic? – Richard C. Foltz
- Muslims and Meat-Eating. Vegetarianism, Gender, and Identity – Kecia Ali
Blogs & Websites
- The Vegan Muslim Initiative
- One Arab Vegan
- “Muslims Can’t be Vegan” – Where Veganism and Religion Collide
- Animals in Islam
- Veganism In Islam: Can You Be Vegan and Muslim?
- Vegan and Muslim: Why I kept my plant-based diet secret from my family
- You are what you Eid: Ramadan for vegans
- Does veganism go against Muslim beliefs?
- Vegan Muslims On the Rise: An Interview on Eating Plant Based and Living Cruelty Free
- How Vegan Muslims Observe Qurbani